Facebook has grown as the biggest social media platform in the contemporary world. Facebook keeps on introducing new features to make meet the demands of more users. One of the most important features introduced by Facebook is the Facebook Market place. It is a platform where you can sell/buy products. Those products can be either freshly manufactured or even pre-owned. Anyone can sell their products on Facebook Marketplace, they just have to meet the requirements set by Facebook.
But, as more and more users started using the Facebook Market Place they also started facing many difficulties with this Platform. Recently, facebook marketplace not showing up has become one of the most searched problems about the Facebook marketplace. Many users have complained that they are unable to view the Facebook market place on their devices. If you are one of such user, then you are certainly at the right place. Here, we will take you through a list of possible solutions if you find that marketplace is not showing up on facebook. All the possible reasons behind the facebook marketplace not showing up issue are mentioned below:
1. You don’t use this feature (Facebook Marketplace) frequently for this icon to appear on the screen:
- There are algorithms designed to arrange your page in such a way that only those things appear on the screen which you visit frequently. So, your home page or the newsfeed gets arranged accordingly. So, if you find that you haven’t used Facebook Marketplace in a while, you should check this option.
- Just go to your homepage after you have logged in to your Facebook account. On the left panel of the page, the option of Facebook Marketplace is available. Click on that option, and then you will be directed to the Facebook Marketplace.
2. You’ve started using Facebook quite recently:
- There have been many cases when scammers frequently delete and recreate their profiles in order to sell the items which are banned on Facebook Marketplace. So, a new user may find facebook marketplace not showing up.
- If you know that you are new to Facebook then there is no need to worry. You will get access to Facebook Marketplace after some time.
3. You have not attained the age decided by Facebook:
- Facebook has set a parameter on age for using the Facebook Marketplace. So, only those persons can use the Facebook Marketplace you have attained at least 18 years of age as per the data entered in their Facebook account.
In this case, there is nothing you can do. If you find yourself to be below 18 years of age then there’s no way you can use the Facebook marketplace.
4. You are in a region where this service is not available:
- Facebook Marketplace is not available in all the regions where Facebook is available. This is the confusion among the users as many users think that Facebook Marketplace is one of the services provided by Facebook everywhere. Currently, Facebook Marketplace is available in approx. 77 countries. So, if you happen to be a user living in one of the countries where Facebook Marketplace is not available. Then, there is no solution to your facebook marketplace not showing up
However, there are still some ways you can try if you find your facebook marketplace not showing up. All such ways are described below:
- If you happen to be 18 years of age or older and Facebook Marketplace is available in your country, then you should simply visit the Facebook Marketplace by typing the official website of the marketplace in your browser. Trying this option may solve your facebook marketplace not showing up
- In case, you use the official app of the Facebook on your smartphone:
- You should check whether you are using the latest version of Facebook app on your device. If you find that the version of the Facebook app which you are using is outdated, update it to the latest version available.
- You should check whether you are using the latest version of the Operating System on your device. If you find any software update available in your device, update it to the latest version available.
- If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you and your facebook marketplace not showing up issue still persists, you can uninstall and then reinstall the Facebook app on your device.
- If your account is new and the Facebook marketplace is not showing up on your Facebook account then you should try using your account more often. Doing this will resolve your problem.
- If you have recently shifted to a location where Facebook marketplace available and you find facebook marketplace not showing up then you can change your location in your Facebook account by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone or log in to your Facebook account in case you are using your desktop.
- Click on the settings option (a gear-like icon).
- From the list so obtained, click on the option Language and Region. From there, you may choose the region where you have just shifted.
We have discussed all the possible reasons and their solutions to your problem. And if you find that any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your problem, you are always free to contact us through our website and other contact details mentioned below.