Many of the Facebook users report that when they use it then sudden Facebook keeps stopping. Read this full article to fix this issue. You can also browse the news feed on Facebook in your Android device, Laptop, and PC. And, even you experience better with this Facebook news feed feature.
Reason behind Facebook keeps stopping:-
Here are many causes behind the Facebook app keeps stopping. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It may be a temporary problem and might be fixed in the next update.
- In case, you installed the custom ROM then it might be the compatibility issues on your device.
- Third-party apps or services may be in conflict with the Facebook app.
- Firmware problem.
- The cache of the Facebook app may be corrupted.
1. Solutions to fix Facebook keeps stopping:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions mention to fix this issue. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
1. Remove cache and cookies data of Facebook app:-
By, removing cache and cookies data of the Facebook app on your Android device can fix Facebook keeps stopping android issue. So, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, tap and hold the Facebook app and tap on the App info (i)
- Now, go to the Storage
- After that, tap on the Clear Cache option and then tap on the Clear Data
- Check your device storage also, if you want to delete some unused apps or data to make some space.
- Open your Facebook app and check if the Facebook app keeps stopping has been fixed successfully.
2. Update your Facebook app:-
If you use an outdated version of the Facebook app then it can also cause Facebook keeps stopping issues. So, update your Facebook app to fix this issue.
- First of all, navigate to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- If any update is available then update it immediately. The update will fix all the bugs.
- Open the Facebook app and check if this issue has been resolved successfully.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Facebook app:-
If you still trouble with Facebook keeps stopping issues then try this method to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
- Press and hold the Facebook app and drag it, it will show you two options tap on the Uninstall
- If you use the iOS device then tap and hold the Facebook app and tap on the little cross icon and then click on the Uninstall
- Now, go to the Google Play Store or App Store and search for Facebook to install it. Make sure, download the correct and the latest version of the Facebook app.
- Once the installation process is complete then open the Facebook app and check if the error has been resolved successfully.
4.Restart your smartphone:-
Sometimes, simply restart your smartphone can fix Facebook keeps stopping issue. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, press and hold the power button of your smartphone.
- Now, tap on the Restart
- Wait for a while to reboot your smartphone.
- Now, open your Facebook app and check if the error has been fixed.
5. Delete corrupted system cache:-
If you don’t root or flush stuff of your system and it may corrupt then it causes Facebook keeps stopping issues. Follow the below steps to delete the corrupted stuff of your system:
- At first, tap and hold the power button and restart your smartphone.
- Now, you have to press the Volume down button to open the boot option before going to the logo of your smartphone.
- After that, navigate to the Recovery section and select the Wipe
- Now, tap on the Advanced wipe option and then tap on the Select Cache
- So, swipe it to wipe the cache.
- After completing the wipe cache partition, restart your smartphone.
- Now, open Facebook and check if Facebook app keeps stopping issue has been fixed successfully.
6. Reset your smartphone:-
After applying all the above steps if you still trouble with Facebook keeps stopping issue then try to reset your device to fix this issue. Make sure one thing, take back up of your device before going to reset it because it may lose all data.
- At first, connect your smartphone with a Laptop or Desktop and take back up your smartphone which is necessary.
- If you use the Android Oreo device then navigate to the Setting section and tap on the System
- Now, go to the Reset Options tab and select Reset App Preferences.
- After that, click on the Reset Apps
- Now, select the Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth
- If your device has dual sim then select your sim and click on the Reset Settings
- One important thing to keep in mind is that, there is a third option which can reset your device and delete all data, so don’t select it.
- So, set up your smartphone and download the Facebook app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open Facebook and check if the error has been fixed successfully.
In this blog, we discussed to fix Facebook keeps stopping issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. You can also call to our expert’s team if you have any doubts regarding this.