Facebook has become the largest social media platform in the contemporary world. Almost everyone who has access to the internet uses Facebook. We all use Facebook to share our moments with others. We all enjoy doing that but there are sometimes when we want to avoid someone from seeing what we are sharing on Facebook but at the same time we are concerned about what will happen if those persons know that we don’t want them to see our posts? For this, we need to understand the changes made whenever we block someone on Facebook. If you are one of the persons who want to block someone on Facebook, this blog is for you.
What happens if you block someone on Facebook?
So, blocking someone on Facebook simply means that they will no longer be able to see the posts that you are posting on your timeline. They will also be unable to contact you on Facebook. And one more thing to keep in mind is that blocking someone on Facebook will automatically unfriend them from your friend list.
Blocking someone on Facebook:
If you are one of the persons wanting to block someone on Facebook and wondering how to block someone Facebook, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Facebook App on your phone or if you are using your desktop, log in to your Facebook account using any browser.
- After you have gone to the homepage, click on the question mark symbol which is at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then a list will open. From that list, click on the option Privacy Shortcuts.
- After expanding the Privacy Shortcuts option, click on the option How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Then type the name of the person you want to block in the area provided under the option saying “You can block someone to unfriend them …………… posts on your timeline [?]”
- Then click on
- Again, choose the person whose name you just entered from the results list and click on
Now you have blocked that person from seeing what you are posting on your timeline. In case you are wondering how to block someone on Facebook without them knowing, you can follow the same procedure as discussed above. The persons whom you block on Facebook are unaware of the fact that you have blocked them.
There is also another simple way to block someone on Facebook. You have to follow the steps given below:
- Open Facebook app on your phone or log in to your Facebook account if you are using your PC.
- Go to the profile of the person that you want to block.
- Click on the menu (a three-dot) icon available on their profile page.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Block.
You don’t have to worry about the feelings of those persons as they will be completely unaware of the fact that you have blocked them on Facebook.
Blocking someone on Facebook Messenger:
There are some cases when you want to be friends with someone but you don’t want to bother about the messages they send you via Messenger on Facebook. In that case, you can block them on Facebook Messenger. Blocking someone from Facebook Messenger will not block them on Facebook. You will be able to see their profile and they can see your activities on your timeline. Blocking someone from Facebook messenger will just block the messages sent by them to you, other things will remain the same. In case, you are wondering about how to block someone on Facebook Messenger, here are the steps to follow:
- Open Facebook app on your phone or log in to your Facebook account if you are using your
- Click on the Messenger icon from the homepage of your account (it’s an icon of a circle having a symbol of flash inside it).
- From the list appeared, open the conversation of the person you want to
- After you have opened the conversation, click on the settings (looks like a gear) icon available in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then a list of options will appear, from that list click on Block Messages.
Now you have blocked that person on Messenger. You won’t get any messages from that person. Now you have known how to block someone on Facebook. But there are times when we do something and after some time, we change our mind and we want to undo whatever we have done. So, in case you have blocked someone on Facebook and then you want to unblock them, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone or log in to your Facebook account if you are using your
- Go to the homepage of your
- Click on the question mark (available on the top right corner of the screen)
- Then a list will appear on the screen. From that list, click on the option Privacy Shortcuts.
- Then click on the option How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Click on the option View All Blocked Users.
- Find the name of the person you want to
- Hit the Unblock option available next to his name.
Now you have unblocked that person on Facebook. But, remember that if you unblocked someone on Facebook then they won’t be added to your friend’s list automatically. You have to manually send them a friend request and when they will accept your friend request, you both will be friends on Facebook like before.
How to avoid someone posts in your newsfeed without blocking them on Facebook?
If you don’t want to be bothered about someone’s posts in your newsfeed without blocking those persons, there is a way to do it. This will allow you to avoid the notifications from a particular person but you will remain friends with him on Facebook. Go through these steps to do it:
- Open the profile of the person whose notifications you want to
- Once you have opened the profile of that person, click on the Following button which is present on the top right corner of the page.
- Then a list will open, click on option Unfollow from that list.
Anytime you are getting any query in your mind like how to block someone on Facebook or any other queries related to some online service, feel free to contact us from the links given below. We have got a team of experts to solve all the problems of yours.
Read more blog: facebooktan